Thursday, July 12, 2007

Santa Polo, Spain

Look there is sunshine...
and do you see a rain cloud? NO you don't!!
What a concept...

He's a digger he is and a good one to boot'

Baby?
Iain was Amalia's protector the entire time we were there.
He was also a good 'helper' for Laura

Who would have thought that Laura and I would
be getting together at the beach with our kids?
I told them to 'act like Americans' for the
photo so everyone would smile.

I went shoe shopping and behind my back so did little man...
like the silver shoe on his right foot?
He really liked them, tried to put the matching one as well
and was HIGHLY disappointed when we left without them...
sorry kid, but you will thank me later...

Fish?
Ah, the aquarium. Good thing it was small because he ran
everywhere pointing and looking at the fish.
I think we could have been there all day long..


Before you see the photo below, Laura and I went on an adventure to see the famous Roman Ruins in the town. At one point in history, this was a very famous port. It was acclaimed that this one particular fish sauce was made here and exported all over the Roman lands. Below, under the tarp, is the only complete oven in Spain and has remains of some of the ingredients.

Yeah, can you see thru the fence,
past the trash,
under few tarps there -
yeah, an important section in Spanish Roman History
lies somewhere below all that...

This is on the other side of the fence-
Trash cans - and what I didn't take a photo of is all
the trash along the fence protecting the ruins.
I thought this was too funny. I just couldn't believe it.
After 20 minutes in the tourist office listening
to how important this was...and it looked like this.
We also went around to see some of the other Roman Ruins in town...
I didn't take many photos of them


Street Market in Santa Polo - twice a week.
Huge! Clothes, food, shoes, everything you can possibly think of!
Above is dried fish - smelly...

need any Spanish dresses?
Too cute, they even had shoes to match!

It was bit too hot for Ice Cream that morning,
eat fast kid I am pregnant...

Speaking of food -- Yummy, pastry shops...
Please?! Please?!
He can pick out the good ones like him mamma!

Entering the fort in downtown - I forgot to take a photo of the front
Laura striking a pose!

Still cheesy girls

And they had a Pirate exhibition!
They must have known we were coming to visit!

It's what the pirate used!

The beer bottle is on the left and the other two are rum bottles

I took photos of all the weapons in the exhibition,
gee think I've been influenced by my husband?
A bit sleepy towards the end...
Spanish days are a bit different than English ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home