Sunday, May 04, 2008

Dino Expo!

Whoa, they are HUGE!
Iain was in shock to see just how big dinosaurs really where.

It's the big T-rex above!

And a baby one too...

All sorts of sizes, Donnie could tell you what they all are...

In the background of this Dino is one of the big screens
they had hung thought the exhibition.
Very cool with all sorts of info from animation
of their life, food and other things all in Japanese.

It is "Golden Week" in Japan
which means, everyone is on vacation
translation: traffic is awful and there is an insane amount of people everywhere.

I tried my best to get a photo of Iain with the dino's behind him
but no (silly mommy)
so this is the best I could do
Iain is looking at the dinosaurs and I leaned in and snapped a photo backwards

too many people
and a little boy that only wants to look at the Dinoaurs



The first part of the exposition were all the fossils
the second part were recreations of those same one.
This was great for Iain to see the dinosaur's real bones
then see how they must have acted and looked.


This is my first video I have ever posted
and now I am super excited!
I think I will be posting lots of videos of the kids soon.

Naturally, T-rex was a popular

This guy was a bit scary

Iain like this one above, I think because he just swung his neck from side to side


Then we were off to
The Aquarium

watching the sea slugs and a bit tired too

a bit blurry but Iain is holding hands with his friend Adam

This is my friend and partner in crime Kate!
Adam is one month older than Iain
& Brianna is a month older than Annie
We have lots of fun together and suspect the trend will continue!

Annie wasn't too impressed with the fish

Kind of hard to see but these are the penguins!
They also had an underground portion you could
walk down in and see them swimming in the water.

A little girl dropped her shoe in the water and all the penguins
were attacking it as if it was a fish. Naturally the boys really liked that part.

Adam was a big fan

Iain, Gabe, and Wyatt
part of the CVW-5 family


Freak show begins....
everywhere we go, we are also the attraction
we have 4 kids, all blond
2 girls with blue eyes
everyone wants to touch, talk and coo over them.

even the little babies like the one below.
My pram is also a big hit with the locals.
You hear them coo over Iain and then they see and Annie
OH boy how they point and coo then...

This little girl also followed Kate around, just like a little bird,
because she shared Adam's shaved ice with her.
so I snapped a few of the locals...
look at the two right from center: it was sort of a goth french maid outfit...
Dogs are very important here,
nice basket
make the wife walk....

Tired kids
eating flavored ice

there was also a group of teen-aged girls that took an interest in Adam and Iain
waving and watching them...
when we were leaving Iain said "by-by" waved and blew them a kiss...
Mr. Casanova and the Japanese girls just squealed...
it was hilarious!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home